Evergreen College offers a wide range of career services (consultation and assistance) to our current and graduate students. Every Evergreen student receives personal attention with job search leads and career assistance beginning early in the program.
Our regularly updated database includes the latest employment opportunities, making the search for employment and field placement positions more effective. Evergreen College is well respected in the industry, having an excellent reputation for producing outstanding results. Evergreens “Placement Coordinator” will arrange co-op / field placements for students completing the theory part of the program, in locations that best accommodate the student’s request (location and schedule).
Employment Services at Evergreen College
- Introductory Orientation
- Instruction on the latest resume styles – what employers are looking for!
- Complimentary “Interview Techniques” workshop
- Field Placement arranged by the Placement Coordinator
- Research databases and free access to the Internet at all times
- Friendly and helpful staff willing to share helpful tips and effective job searching techniques
- Career Strategies course is included in your program – every graduate will receive training prior to finishing their studies
- Put together a portfolio of your qualifications that employers want to see – get noticed!
- How to effectively promote your skills and abilities to potential Employers
- Source out the jobs in both the hidden and visible markets – where to find jobs
- How to put together your personal job search campaign
- Guidelines for seeking employment in your field
- Instruction on the latest and most popular interview techniques used by Employers
- Effective networking
- Preparing a prospects list – developing your network of contacts
- Receive employment leads from reputable Employers
- Ongoing resource – once an alumni always able to utilize Graduate Employment Services
On the first day of class, each student receives an orientation session. The purpose of the orientation is to provide background information on the college and an overview of the program of study. The Program Manager will discuss the course, expectations, time-lines and field placement procedures while investigating current trends in related career paths and employment.
Resume Writing Workshop
Upon commencement, each student may choose to attend a one-on-one “Resume Writing Workshop” with one of our Program Managers. Formats, Layouts and Protocols will allow students to apply creative ideas in the effective construction of their new resume. This all important marketing tool will personalize their agendas and separate themselves from other potential candidates.
Interview Techniques Workshop
It is said that the first 5 seconds of the interview is the most important; that employers often know after that first handshake, whether or not the applicant is right for the position. Key indicators such as the quality of eye contact and how the prospective candidate carries themselves (speaks and listens). In our complimentary “Interview Techniques Workshop”, our current students and graduates workshop interview sessions in small groups, facilitated by the Program Manager. The workshop is fun and a great way to improve interpersonal skills, self-confidence, motivation and performance.
The college will arrange a field placement location, once the student has successfully completed their in-class hours and has completed the necessary theory in order to prepare for a “hands-on” co-op / practicum in a real life working environment. Students may request a specific Field Placement location that is best suited to their requests and preferences.
Evergreen College is equipped with the latest Software programs and many computers with internet access in our computer lab. Each student has full access to these services at any time. The staff at Evergreen College may assist the student with internet research techniques and other computer related inquiries.
The staff at Evergreen College is friendly and always helpful. We are committed to making our students happy and satisfied at all times!